CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Crazy Days of Kindergarten and Muffins for Moms

Crazy Hair Day
Muffins for Mom
Silly Hat day
Career Day

Gingerbread Man Map
Silly Shoe day



Crazy days of kindergarten included Silly Hat day, Backwards day (no photo, although I took several without the card in - something I've been known to do), Career day - also was Muffins for Moms day, Silly shoe and Crazy Hair day (they also spray painted her hair pink at school). Maury loved this week leading up to graduation week and the end of the year party in kindergarten. Muffins for mom was so cute - they gave us handpainted mugs, photos and sang songs (M-o-m-m-y to the tune of Bingo and another sweet song). They also answered questions about our age and favorites. Maury got my age right and my favorite tv show was "the one where they fix up houses". She said "cheese toast" was my favorite food, I think because I try to get her to eat it instead of cinnamon toast. Several kids said their moms' favorite food was green beans, I think for the same reason! And some thought their moms were 60+ years old! On Donuts for Dads they even had the kids guess the weight - Maury guessed 80 pounds for Richard. They knew better than letting them guess the weight of the moms!

Also, thanks to those of you who sent letters/postcards to the class with sightings of the gingerbread man. The map has all the spots on it marked and the letters were posted. Maury loved telling me about where all the gingerbread man had been. What a great geography lesson! And they will be eating the gingerbread man at the graduation party!

0 comments: