CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, November 18, 2008

The "M" party!!!!!

cake, designed by maury, baked by Rita
cha-cha slide




For Maury's seventh birthday, Maury came up with the idea of an M party. The invitation used m's and we ate m and m's, watched movies, etc. We had 13 girls to come, with 8 spending the whole night. We had never had a sleepover but it was so much fun!!!! If you ever want to have one, here are the highlights:
the hits of the sleepover: the music(c/o dj sara frances), the art table, hullabaloo, maury's light up tiara (neat at night), the popcorn in zoo pal bowls, the marshmallows in cups, cups with their names on them (sharpie by me) and water only after 8, doing make up (eyes only - they didn't care), streaking their hair with hannah montana hair mascara, painting their nails, butterfly tattoos, the mandalas (circle art), the talent show, the pj fashion show, the flashlight favors (they loved them!), and keeping them busy until 11:30. Then I made a big deal about midnight, etc. and they had last drinks of water and bathroom and they were zipped in for the night. 6 out of 8 fell asleep during the movie - Kung Fu Panda. and the other 2 were out in 5 minutes.

misses - the VOMIT, the number was a little high (6-8 is very doable), the rain - miller and alex were going to come roll the yard and we were going to play kick the can and flashlight tag. i think they would have loved that. oh and i bought too much and paid way too much for pizza doctor (had lots left over, too). next time i'd get hot-n-ready from lil caesar's - 5.55 per pizza!!!!

5 comments:

JULIE said...

I've been waiting for this post, Mrs. Carley! haha.. I love the pictures! I had a feeling you took some pictures.. :)

i love your misses, too. The teenagers call that, "fail." I would definitely have to admit that I would love to do without all of those things, too! That is so cute about the boys who were going to roll the yard. The girls would have LOVED that! I love your kids, and you know.. I figured brilliant Maury came up with the idea of the M party. Mrs. Wyatt and I were talking about it last week, and we had a feeling that she came up with all of the different m things that could be involved with a slumber party. Only amazing Maury. :)

ginny said...

Oh, it sounds like the birthday girl had a lot of fun! I'll bet you're tired, though!

Leigh Ann said...

Great party! Looks like so much fun. Cute girls!!!

The Bonds Family said...

Hey there! I can't believe how big your girls have gotten. I love following your blog, so if you don't mind I'm adding you to our list. What a great way to keep up with your sweet family! Hope to see you soon. Mallorie Bonds

Bridget said...

Sounds like fun! I love how Maury came up with all of this on her ow. I haven't gotten brave enough to do a sleepover yet. Maybe next year!