CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, August 27, 2008

I found my thrill......on blueberry hill

Emerson, LH, R, Meri Alan and camera shy Bailey
Rebecca loved eating them!

"I picked these for you, too!"

Well the newspaper had a front page story on u-pick farms. What fun!!! Several of us and our daughters went to one in Corinth to pick blueberries. The nice farmer told us "I told that newspaper lady there warn't no more blueberries to pick. Ya'll hep yourself- no charge for whatever you can find." or something like that, according to Heather, the first to arrive.
Well about 45 minutes and almost a POUND of blueberries later, we had ourselves a bargain. Rebecca had her squeaker shoes on so I could keep track of her. She and Mallory, the other one year old with us ate their weight in blueberries- as fast as I could pick them. It was fun until we ate at pizza grocery and my toddler was squeaking with not just her shoes, beyond tired after running around the blueberry farm. She fell asleep almost in the parking lot after wearing me out, during what would have been a really good lunch. We are planning to visit the same farm before the end of the season next year.... a beautiful place and a beautiful day!
Posted by Picasa

1 comments:

Martha Ann said...

What a cute post! Looks like fun. I love the squeaker shoes. Wouldn't it be great if they would wear those as teenagers?