CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, September 8, 2008

"The best Bible I've ever had"

Maury, Sarah, Anna Caitlyn and Rebekah with their Bibles in church

Maury and her fellow first graders were presented Bibles in church Sunday. This Bible has been a huge hit. She has been sleeping with it, toting it to play practice and highlighting in it! She has even written "LOOK" and drawn arrows to each verse that has a picture with it (the pictures are not on the same page, so she had to locate each passage)! At first I didn't like her marking it up and then I told myself to get over it (why squelch the enthusiasm). I want to encourage her interest in reading the Bible, even if it involves arrows and pink markings. Her passion for reading it has encouraged me to get my own Bible and post it highlighter out and go to town myself. I pray that her love for God's word continues to grow. Thanks Jo-Lynn for the picture!!!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

i tried to e-mail you, but the e-mail came back...do you have a new e-mail address?

jo-lynn