CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, September 4, 2008

Our sweet dog


I am typing with tears and so sad to say that our much loved yellow lab Aslan has died. He was 15 and we knew he had taken a turn for the worse in the last few days, but for some reason I am still shocked that he is really gone. Richard suspected last night when he couldn't get him to eat that he might not wake up this morning and he was right. He said he was actually relieved to see him so peaceful this morning instead of laboring to breathe like he was last night. I had to call petsmart to cancel his bath tonight and got so upset when I was telling the lady on the phone. I guess that made it real. We have some great memories and precious pics of him through the years, but I regret not taking his picture Tuesday when we took him to the park with us. I thought about it, and didn't want to think it was his last walk to the park. Richard is actually doing well...he's seen this coming, really for a couple of years. The girls know he is old and that he has not been getting around so they will not be terribly surprised. But we will all miss him so much!
Posted by Picasa

9 comments:

The Love's said...

I'm so sorry to hear about Aslan! My deepests condolences.

Heather said...

I'm sorry to hear about Aslan. I'll be thinking about you all.

Miller Family said...

Oh Carley. I'm so sorry. That is heartbreaking. Thinking of you and your family.

Tracy

the rayners said...

can't think about aslan without tearing up. what a GREAT DOG! love y'all.

Wampler World said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Beth said...

Oh, Carley, I am so sorry for you guys...that is so sad.

JULIE said...

oh no, that is so sad carley! i am so sorry!! i will be thinking about you guys!! see you tomorrow!

Robyn said...

We're sorry to hear about Aslan. He was such a good pal.

Carley said...

Thanks everyone!