CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, January 26, 2009

Choco-Louie and a Quilt Square!!!

The morning that the story board was due!
Notice the "props" - a chaco taco, chocolate cupcake, skate board and real cookies.
Lucy Helen had a project due last week, too: she had to design her own quilt square - any way she wanted. Her idea was pink and hearts - like "ValenTIMES".

Maury's school had a storyboard competition and she was so excited to enter her favorite book Choco-Louie, about a boy who loves chocolate. His brother bets him his skateboard that he can't live without chocolate for a week...and he makes it a whole week, resisting numerous temptations and his favorite chocolate goodies. The book is one we have gotten SEVERAL times from the library (and it's over due right now). Her board won first place (she doesn't know that she was the LONE entrant in her division). But the librarian said it would have won anyway:) That means she gets to put her storyboard in the district competition. The funniest thing was her coming home to tell me she won! She was SOOOO excited. She and Lucy Helen jumped up and down and screamed.
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

JULIE said...

aww! yay! I thought Maury had written a book called choco-louie and for some reason, it was made using cardboard.. i don't know, but this all makes so much more sense! She did an excellent job, as did Lucy, with her quilt square. They are so precious! Will you tell Maury that I am so proud of her? :)

Heather said...

Congratulations, Maury!!
I love your storyboard. You did such a GREAT job. I'm going to have to check that book out sometime. I think Sara Frances and Meri Alan would love to read it. I'm so proud of you!!!

The Love's said...

Congrats to Maury! That board did look good. I think it would have won with competition, too!

abbi said...

Way to go Maury. What an artist you are. I am proud of you!
And LUlu, I love your quilt square. You are an awesome artist as well!!! I love you both sooooo much
abbi